So every year exactly at this time, I get what I call my “fall feeling. I describe this as the feeling you get when you can sense that fall has come and there is change in the air. You wake up in the morning and its crisp outside and your bed is like a million times cozier and you want to stay home and make soup and cuddle.The blistering heat of the summer is going and people are generally less cranky and more chill. It’s basically the BEST time of year and has coincidentally been when a lot of big changes happen for me. This year has been filled with plenty of big changes already so to add yet another feels a little stressful, but sadly another big fat change has come around…
I am seriously sad to say that one of my design assistants, Amy, will be leaving us to travel and do tons of fun things with her new hubby. Amy is basically the glue that holds this hot mess of a bizness together and in so many ways keeps me and the AID team in line. I am bummed and have groveled and begged for her to stay, but life is tugging her elsewhere. So I have to say goodbye to Amy and hello to someone who can fill her shoes ASAP.
which leads me to announce that I AM HIRING…again
I have posted these when I was hiring before but we have grown so much and now really require our next team member to possess all the below attributes…. THIS JOB REQUIRES THEM.
- You must have knowledge of CAD, photo shop, illustrator, excel, and quick books. If you can use a 3D rendering program that’s a MAJOR bonus or if you can do a good ole fashion hand drawn rendering that’s great also!! You can absolutely be new at these things, but a working knowledge is a requirement.
- You must know how to go into a home, measure accurately, take photos and create floor plans for clients. You are representing me and my company so being “presentable” is super important.
- Project management proficiency is required. You must pay attention to detail and be able to work closely with me to help manage our work schedules as well as production and vendor schedules. You need to be able to keep track of the client “to-do” list, keep the calendar up to date, follow-up with orders, keep invoices updated, and have an overall sense of what is going on in the office and what needs to be accomplished. This part of the job requires excellent organization skills. Ideally you would just instinctually keep my head screwed on straight, so that I can design and leave the daily running of the company up to you.
- You must be friendly, honest, and accountable. I am looking to hire someone to work really closely with me and my team, so you need to be drama free and have a sense of humor. It’s not a rare sight to see me stumble into work, disheveled and demanding comic relief and coffee.
- Graphic design skills & blog knowledge are a must. These two go hand in hand because I would love to find someone who wants to get involved with the blog and social media side of the job. Knowledge of Instagram, Pinterest, and wordpress would be amazing. The more you can do, the more of an asset you will become!
- A love of design and style as well as an up to date knowledge of whats happening in the design world is a MUST. I am talking blogs, and magazines, and all things design related. We currently only like to employ design obsessed nerds that have nothing better to do than geek out with me about the latest Domino mag. HA, I am totally kidding …and I am an equal opportunity employer, so I would also hire interior dorks, design dweebs, fabric freaks, color geeks, and just plain Goobers.
- Great communication skills are necessary for this position. We are constantly talking to vendors, clients, customers, etc. and you need to be able to communicate with them as well as relay information from them to myself. We all like to be in the loop of what’s going on around here so we can be the most productive and efficient as possible. Have you ever played a game of telephone? Yeah, its kinda like that.
- You must be a self-starter and be able to work independently as well as collaborate with a team. I need somebody who is ready to tackle the day when they come into the office and get that we werk really hard and are non stop day in day out.
+ + +
Now lets talk about what in fact you will be doing on a day to day basis:
This position will have you working from 9:00am to 6:00pm on a daily basis mainly from our new Design Studio with the flexibility to work a 50+ hour week sometimes.
You will be working closely with me and my design assistant to help design projects, create mood boards, organize fabrics, SHOP TILL YOU DROP, contact vendors and clients and arrange schedules, create purchase orders and invoices, and help maintain the blog & social media side of the business.
You must have a reliable car, live in LA, you must be an amazing note taker, and you MUST have a good attitude. I like to surround myself with positive and creative people.
In your resume please include anything that is relevant to YOUR design and style. If you have a blog, send a link. Same with instagram, twitter feed, Pinterest… whatever you want me to see to show me who you are!
If you are currently still enrolled in school you can send me some of your school projects, as long as you feel like they truly define your style and who you want to be as a designer. If you know Photoshop (which you will need to know to qualify for this position) make me a mood board showing me your dream interior… Do something to stand out! Being professional is great, but I am a personable person, so the person I hire must ALSO be personable!
depends on experience
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
include your resume into the body of your email please!!!
I am really looking forward to seeing some talent in my inbox, so send me it all!