JOB TITLE: Junior Designer
SUPERVISOR: Lead Designer & Principal Designer
An interior designer with 1-2 years of experience in a design firm with the ability to support a team in creating functionally beautiful spaces for residential and commercial clients while using industry
knowledge, organization, design experience, creativity, all while keeping within the Amber Interiors
- Provide design support and administration during all phases of completion and execution of
design concepts and projects.
- Organize and maintain schedules and spec sheets, project binders, project samples and material
- Work with team to maintain project purchase orders and invoices.
- Work on projects from all phases of design from concept and schematic design through
installment, including but not limited to: furniture schedules, vendor management and
communication, sourcing, project management, site visits, management of project samples and
sample library, and project installations.
- Assist in the set up of client presentations and creation of presentation boards to include mood
boards, FF&E, surface materials, color palettes, and lighting.
- Be present to assist in onsite meetings with clients, construction team and subs as necessary by
reviewing project progress and schedule, and recording notable updates during meetings.
- Running sample pick-ups from vendors, visits to warehouse, and miscellaneous tasks outside of
- Manage tasks on multiple projects at once.
- Desire to grow with a go-getter mentality.
- 2+ years of Interior Design Experience, from design-specific firms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related field from an accredited school.
- Knowledge in Studio Webware is a plus.
- Detailed knowledge of finishes, materials, and standard specification and terminology for design
related items. Practical knowledge of design styles and eras.
- Knowledge and experience on construction sites is a plus.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team. Ability to delegate tasks to self and others.
- Strong communication skills, including being able to lead in person and/or conference call
meetings, write thorough and organized emails for vendors, clients and team.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented with schedules, emails, communication, drawings and
- Confident in design decisions and project management skills; ability to anticipate team and
projects needs, and to remain a few steps ahead.
- Reliable car and willing to travel.
- Ability to physically work on tasks including shopping, hauling samples, installation days and
weeks which includes moving items, making beds, cleaning and packing.
- Familiar with design vendors, including furniture, fabric, lighting, tile/plumbing, rugs..etc.
JOB TITLE: AutoCAD Designer
SUPERVISOR: Lead Project Designer
DESCRIPTION: Experienced AutoCAD Designer needed to support interior design team on high-end residential and commercial projects.
- Assist in placement of drawings in project files, continuously update onto layers, and set up all page layouts when given plan set backgrounds and elevation blockouts from architects.
- Keep all backgrounds up to date as plan sets are tweaked frequently during weekly design meetings with client.
- Add details to plan sets, such as furniture layouts, electrical needs, floor pattern plan, ceiling details, and FF&E tags.
- Advise whether preferred furniture selections fit into plans at their existing sizes, recommend whether custom pieces are needed and at what size.
- Translate all designs into elevation, adding in details such as base, casing, wall treatments, ceiling treatments, millwork, lighting, plumbing, etc.
- Review scope of work needed in weekly team Zoom meetings; deliverable drawing files due to the team every Friday morning. Drawings sent in DWG format.