Please submit your resume with a cover letter that tells us a little about you to firstname.lastname@example.org
JOB TITLE: Junior Designer
SUPERVISOR: Lead Designer & Principal Designer
Job Type: Full-time, Hybrid
Salary Range: $65,000 – $70,000
DESCRIPTION: An interior designer with 1-2 years of experience in a design firm with the ability to support a team in creating functionally beautiful spaces for residential and commercial clients while using industry knowledge, organization, design experience, and creativity, all while keeping within the Amber Interiors aesthetic.
- Provide design support and administration during all phases of completion and execution of design concepts and projects.
- Organize and maintain schedules and spec sheets, project binders, project samples, and material bins.
- Work with the team to maintain project purchase orders and invoices.
- Work on projects from all phases of design, from concept and schematic design through installment, including but not limited to furniture schedules, vendor management and communication, sourcing, project management, site visits, management of project samples and sample library, and project installations.
- Assist in the set up of client presentations and creation of presentation boards to include mood boards, FF&E, surface materials, color palettes, and lighting.
- Be present to assist in onsite meetings with clients, the construction team, and subs as necessary by reviewing project progress and schedule and recording notable updates during meetings.
- Running sample pick-ups from vendors, visits to the warehouse, and miscellaneous tasks outside of the office setting.
- Manage tasks on multiple projects at once.
- Desire to grow with a go-getter mentality
- 2+ years of Interior Design Experience from design-specific firms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related field from an accredited school.
- Knowledge of Studio Webware is a plus.
- Detailed knowledge of finishes, materials, and standard specifications and terminology for design-related items. Practical knowledge of design styles and eras.
- Knowledge and experience on construction sites is a plus.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team. Ability to delegate tasks to self and others.
- Strong communication skills, including being able to lead in-person and/or conference call meetings and write thorough and organized emails for vendors, clients, and teams.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented with schedules, emails, communication, drawings, and presentations.
- Confident in design decisions and project management skills; ability to anticipate team and project needs and to remain a few steps ahead.
- Reliable car and willing to travel.
- Ability to physically work on tasks including shopping, hauling samples, installation days and weeks which includes moving items, making beds, cleaning, and packing.
- Familiar with design vendors, including furniture, fabric, lighting, tile/plumbing, rugs..etc.
Amber Interiors and Shoppe Amber Interiors are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.