Please submit your resume with a cover letter that tells us a little about you to firstname.lastname@example.org.
JOB TITLE: Junior Designer
SUPERVISOR: Lead Project Designer & Principal Designer
DESCRIPTION: An interior designer with 1-2 years of experience in a design firm with the ability to support a team in creating functionally beautiful spaces for residential and commercial clients while using industry knowledge, organization, design experience, creativity, all while keeping within the Amber Interiors aesthetic.
- Provide design support and administration during all phases of completion and execution of design concepts and projects.
- Organize and maintain schedules and spec sheets, project binders, project samples and material bins.
- Work with team to maintain project purchase orders and invoices.
- Work on projects from all phases of design from concept and schematic design through installment, including but not limited to: furniture schedules, vendor management and communication, sourcing, project management, site visits, management of project samples and sample library, and project installations.
- Assist in the set up of client presentations and creation of presentation boards to include mood boards, FF&E, surface materials, color palettes, and lighting.
- Be present to assist in onsite meetings with clients, construction team and subs as necessary by reviewing project progress and schedule, and recording notable updates during meetings.
- Running sample pick-ups from vendors, visits to warehouse, and miscellaneous tasks outside of office setting.
- Manage tasks on multiple projects at once.
- Desire to grow with a go-getter mentality.
- 2+ years of Interior Design Experience, from design-specific firms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related field from an accredited school.
- Knowledge in Studio Webware is a plus.
- Detailed knowledge of finishes, materials, and standard specification and terminology for design related items. Practical knowledge of design styles and eras.
- Knowledge and experience on construction sites is a plus.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team. Ability to delegate tasks to self and others.
- Strong communication skills, including being able to lead in person and/or conference call meetings, write thorough and organized emails for vendors, clients and team.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented with schedules, emails, communication, drawings and presentations.
- Confident in design decisions and project management skills; ability to anticipate team and projects needs, and to remain a few steps ahead.
- Reliable car and willing to travel.
- Ability to physically work on tasks including shopping, hauling samples, installation days and weeks which includes moving items, making beds, cleaning and packing.
- Familiar with design vendors, including furniture, fabric, lighting, tile/plumbing, rugs..etc.