Soooooo whats a company to do when you keep growing and need more help around the workplace??
YOU HIRE RAD PEEPS!!!
Believe it or not, we are hiring AGAIN folks. We filled the Office Manager position and now we just need a new Junior Designer to join the team! This is a really serious job, so please do not apply if you do not have specific experience as a Design Assistant for a few years or specifically a Junior Designer from another interior Design firm. I love a ” I can do anything” attitude, but I need our next #AIDSQUAD member to be in the know about all things that go down and the workings of a busy design firm.
We have grown so much and we really require our next team member to possess all the below attributes…. THIS JOB REQUIRES THEM. .
So here is a run down::
- You must be proficient in CAD, photo shop, and excel. If you can use a 3D rendering program that’s a MAJOR bonus or if you can do a good ole fashion hand drawn rendering that’s great also!! Knowledge or a willingness to learn Design Manager is a must. You can absolutely be new at these things, but a working knowledge is a requirement.
- You must know how to go into a home, measure accurately, take photos and create floor plans for clients. You are representing me and my company so being “presentable” is super important.
- Project management proficiency is required. You must pay attention to detail and be able to work closely with me to help manage our work schedules as well as production and vendor schedules. You need to be able to keep track of the client “to-do” list, keep the calendar up to date, follow-up with orders, keep invoices updated, and have an overall sense of what is going on in the office and what needs to be accomplished. This part of the job requires excellent organization skills. Ideally you would just instinctually keep my head screwed on straight and our jobs in line, so that we can keep cranking out killer designs.
- You must be friendly, honest, and accountable. I am looking to hire someone to work really closely with me and my team, so you need to be drama free and have a sense of humor. It’s not a rare sight to see me stumble into work, disheveled and demanding comic relief and coffee.
- Knowledge of Los Angeles vendors and suppliers.
- Knowledge of Instagram, Pinterest, and wordpress would be amazing. The more you can do, the more of an asset you will become!
- A love of design and style as well as an up to date knowledge of whats happening in the design world is a MUST. I am talking blogs, and magazines, and all things design related. We currently only like to employ design obsessed nerds that have nothing better to do than geek out with me about the latest Domino mag. HA, I am totally kidding …and I am an equal opportunity employer, so I would also hire interior dorks, design dweebs, fabric freaks, color geeks, and just plain Goobers.
- Great communication skills are necessary for this position. We are constantly talking to vendors, clients, customers, etc. and you need to be able to communicate with them as well as relay information from them to myself. We all like to be in the loop of what’s going on around here so we can be the most productive and efficient as possible. Have you ever played a game of telephone? Yeah, its kinda like that.
- You must be a self-starter and be able to work independently as well as collaborate with a team. I need somebody who is ready to tackle the day when they come into the office and get that we werk really hard and are non stop day in day out.
- We are a highly fast paced environment, so the ability to work on multiple projects and juggle long to do lists is crucial.
+ + +
Now lets talk about what in fact you will be doing on a day to day basis:
This position will have you working from 9:00am to 6:00pm on a daily basis with the flexibility to work a 50+ hour week sometimes. We also have out of state clients so you must be down to travel! Pajama parties and room service are totally a thing around here.
You will be working closely with me, my senior designer and the team design assistants to help design projects, create mood boards, organize fabrics, SHOP TILL YOU DROP, contact vendors and clients and arrange schedules, and create purchase orders and invoices.
You must have a reliable car, live in LA, you must be an amazing note taker, and you MUST have a good attitude. I like to surround myself with positive and creative people.
In your resume please include anything that is relevant to YOUR design and style. If you have a blog, send a link. Same with instagram, twitter feed, Pinterest… whatever you want me to see to show me who you are. Do something to stand out! Being professional is great, but I am a personable person, so the person I hire must ALSO be personable!
You must have a minimum two-year experience as a Design Assistant or Junior Designer in a residential Interior Design firm…
depends on experience but will also include health benefits after 60 day period.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title:
“JUNIOR DESIGNER POSITION PLEASE”
Please include your resume into the body of your email please!!
I am really looking forward to seeing some talent in my inbox, so send me it all!